Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Last Few Days...

have been fun! Thursday morning we headed to Cape to run a few errands. We had a little bit of time to spare before we headed to Shelly's to swim. We stopped on Mt. Auburn by the bike trail...I had never taken the boys on the trail so I thought we'd just stop to check it out. I had brought PB&Jelly sandwiches for lunch so we just sat in the van and ate. A man that had just been walking on the trail came over to his vehicle to leave...he was parked next to us. He was kidding a bit with the boys and said that they weren't getting any exercise by sitting in the van. Next thing, he handed Matthew a box of Rice Krispies thru the window and said that that could be our dessert, but that we'd have to take it home and get some milk! Bizarre!

We then headed to Shelly's for an afternoon of fun...swimming in the pool! We had a great time!

Friday morning a few people on our street were having garage sales so I decided to set a few things out. Matthew and Jacob really wanted to have a Kool-Aid stand so I let them...they had so much fun...and, they made $5.00!!! They're saving all of their money right now for our trip in July!

Friday night was a ballgame. Jacob and I packed his Superman lunchbox (Thanks, Uncle Paul & Aunt Kristi! - he's getting his use out of it!) with grapes, animal crackers & Root Beer. He practically sat thru Matthew's entire game and ate snacks! Matthew got to be catcher for an inning so he was thrilled!

Today we had a birthday party to go to...Rob worked today (for his real job!) and then after that he stopped to move hay bales. He is SO busy right now since the weather has been good. We kind of had a lazy afternoon and then this evening we went out and the boys played with chalk...check out the creations below!!...and bubbles.

Have to tell you one more thing...it's a cat story! I typically use my swiffer and go over the floors about once a day. Calli absolutely LOVES when I get the swiffer out and she follows me everywhere. Well, this evening I was using it and she jumped right on top of the part that's on the floor and rode around on top of it while I swiffered!!!! She wasn't on long...but long enough for me to get a good laugh out of it! Can you believe that?????

Have a GREAT night and Sunday!
~Becky

0 comments: