Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Morning!

I hope you are all enjoying this GORGEOUS weather! It's been in the 80s here this week and it has just been beautiful...it's hard to stay inside.

No reason at all for my absence in posting - we've just been doing normal, summer "stuff". Last week my Bunco group got together for the month and Friday night Matthew had a baseball game. We went swimming over at my friend, Shelly's house, on Friday afternoon...we always have fun there! Then came Saturday morning! Rob & the boys were up bright and early by 6:00-6:30 to go on an overnight fishing trip. One of Rob's good friends from work has a cabin and they loaded up their stuff and went...they fished, swam and ate some yummy food. This was Jacob's first time for getting to go...he did great after a little bit of whining! They came home early Sunday afternoon and fell right to sleep...well, except for Jacob...he just played on the floor the entire afternoon with his cowboys and Indians. When they eventually woke up we went out to eat for Father's Day and then visited my Dad for a while. Rob's Dad was camping so we didn't get to see him.

So...what did I do while the guys were away??? Well, I ENJOYED myself! Saturday morning after they left I sat my rear right down on the couch and read the rest of "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks - I couldn't put it down and before I knew it, it was 11:30! I did do several loads of laundry during that time too...so time wasn't just "wasted" while reading! That afternoon I headed over to Shelly's to swim a bit. It was nice to just lay on a raft for once without having to constanly watch out for the boys in the water. Matthew has gotten to the point where I don't really have to watch him, but Jacob still needs watching!!

I picked up supper on the way home and enjoyed a couple of movies...movies that I wanted to watch!

This week we've been to the park with Jacob's pre-school, had swim lessons, haircuts, swimming, and had a ballgame. Not much going on today...the boys are still sleeping and I'm headed upstairs for some coffee!

Enjoy your day and remember WHO gave us this beautiful day!

0 comments: