Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Finally...Swim Lessons!



I have been on the lookout for someone to give Jacob & Matthew swim lessons this summer...it's always nice to "know someone" as opposed to just picking a lifeguard out at the city pool. I had almost signed the boys up for semi-private lessons thru Healthpoint, but we had decided it was just too expensive for us. Well, lo and behold, I was in the checkout line at Walmart the other night and Malerie, the gal who had given Matthew private lessons two summers ago when he was 5, was there with her mom. I went up to her and asked about swim lessons, and YES, she was going to give them again this summer (last summer she was in summer school)! Jacob had his 1st EVER swim lesson today and he did FANTASTIC...and Matthew, he remembered everything from two summers ago! I was excited...I can swim...but by know means could I probably save myself, let alone someone else...and I just feel that it is important for kids to know how to swim...especially since a lot of the summer activities revolve around swimming. So, if you need someone for swim lessons, let me know and I can get you her info...she is quite flexible with her time...she gives them mornings and evenings.

After swim lessons we headed home for lunch and then the boys played great together this afternoon. I needed to go to Siemers late this afternoon for a bit so I promised the boys that after I was finished we would go to Safety City. I walked while Matthew & Jacob rode their bikes twice around the lake. We had a great day!

Rob took a chance this evening and is mowing some hay down...please pray that it doesn't rain! It's funny...we need the rain for our corn crop...but not for our hay right now!

Tomorrow we are headed to church to drop by some food for a funeral dinner. Please keep the Schultz family in your prayers. Their infant son, Jude, went home to be with the Lord this past week. We do not know the family but I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers for comfort tomorrow during this difficult time.

0 comments: