Monday, February 11, 2008

What's Been Happening in our World Today!

1. I hear "I've got a sticky situation in here" coming from Jacob's room. I don't run...but I walk into Jacob's room, not quite sure of what I will find. Jacob has climbed on top of his bookshelf (he has a 3-drawer dressor that has 2 shelves attached to the top of it) and couldn't get himself back down. He just looked at me with the sweetest little grin... I couldn't help but chuckle!

2. Jacob had asked me to play Candyland so I said okay...that I'd be there in a minute. When I got downstairs he had it all ready and set up. I sat down on the floor with him and he said, very seriously, "Now, Mom, don't be upset with the cards that I get...it will be okay, I'll wait for you in Candyland". He had stacked the deck...the first card he pulled was the one that passed you all the way to the spot right before Candyland! Once again, I chuckled!

3. At work today, Rob & his buddy, Darrin, the other operator, set bridge girders with 2 cranes. What makes this scenario different today is that he has run a lot of hydraulic cranes, but this was a first for running a friction rig. Everything went great, no one got hurt...then the ice/sleet came and the job shut down for the day.

4. Matthew got out of school today at 10:30 because of the ice/sleet that was expected. It just so happened that as Jacob & I were leaving the house to go pick him up...the sleet started coming down. Man, did it start coming down quick.

5. Quick stop at the library on the way home from picking Matthew up...movies, movies & more movies!

6. Rob worked until noon and then we spent the afternoon playing a few video games, doing Valentines for school & watching Arthur.

7. After supper at about 7:00ish...lights went out. We sat in the basement with about 5 candles for about 35 minutes. It was awesome and amazing to just sit (having no computer, tv, etc.) and be still...and talk with the kids.

8. Electricity came back on and we watched the movie, "GAME PLAN"...you HAVE GOT TO SEE IT! It's about a self-centered football star whose world is turned upside down when his daughter, whom he didn't know he had, shows up at his door. It is a MUST SEE.

That's about it...we're iced in. No school tomorrow. Headed to bed!

0 comments: