Sunday, February 17, 2008

Has This EVER Happend to You??

This evening on our way home from AWANA at church (I filled in for Rob tonight because he went to a hay sale) we drove thru the drive-thru at McDonalds. I got up to the first window to pay and I handed the gal my debit card. She said, "Would you mind paying with cash...I already hit the "cash-only" button?" I said "No...I'm sorry but I don't have any cash." She said, "oh, okay...don't worry about it...I'll just pay for it myself...they're too busy up front for me to go and get someone to fix my machine." I simply did NOT know what to say...so I just said, "okay, thanks." Isn't that bizarre???? So, our supper tonight was free! Has this ever happened to anyone else out there??

Well, it's back to school tomorrow for Matthew. He had a hard time going to sleep tonight. Even though we've been going to bed around 9:00, he's my late sleeper so he's been sleeping in in the mornings. Since he's been off now since last Monday I think it's going to take him a couple of days to adjust. It's going to take a while for Jacob to adjust as well...although I'm sure he will like NOT having to share the plug-n-play games!

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

I have gone to McDonalds when their debit card machine was broke, it was like a tragedy! No of course I don't have cash! Why I don't know, I guess I have gotten used to the debit swipe! I ended up without breakfast that day. Youa re lucky! How sweet of that girl!

Amy said...

That's really weird, but cool for you!