Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No More Trips to the Laundromat for Me!

For those of you that may not know, I've been doing a bit of bookkeeping work for 2 businesses here in Jackson. One is Siemer Appliance here in Jackson. While Jacob is in pre-school for 6 house a week, I go to Siemers. Well, at the moment, we have only one tech that goes and does service calls. He's a great guy and he sure knows his stuff, and to put it simply, he's always booked SOLID with his service calls. So, when my dryer quit this past weekend, I was hesitant to try and get him to come check on it. So, Rob thought I could ask and see if there was anything that he could check before he had Ron (our service tech) come over. So, this morning I asked and was given several things to check first. When Rob got home today around 5:30, he started working on it. The things he was asked to check first all came out good. When I checked on him, he had the dryer completely apart. He has this nifty tool from the Snap-On man (gotta love Snap-on tools) that checks continuity (I kind of see it as that it checks for electrical current). He got out the sheet from the dryer that is a complete diagram of the electrial flow of the machine. With a break for pizza, Rob found the cause around 9:15pm!!!!!!!!!!!! He is simply amazing and would not quit until he found the problem! The culprit was a tiny little fuse coming from somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) in the dryer. So, tomorrow I'll either be ordering it or puchasing it if it's in stock. Thank you, Rob, for working so hard and figuring out the problem!

0 comments: