Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday, September 23rd





Wanted to share a few photos of my brother, Paul, and his wife, Kristi, on their recent trip to the Northeast...Maine, Nova Scotia, and I'm not sure where else. The pictures are just beautiful.

This morning I took Jacob to Dr. Hoffman's for his 5 year checkup. He asked yesterday if he would be getting shots, and I said no. It didn't even dawn on me that he would be getting 4 shots...as the nurse quietly told me as we got there this morning...since his birthday falls in September this will be his last annual check-up before kindergarten. Jacob's little face just looked so sad when I had to tell him this news. Poor little fella. He did great though...it's just always so difficult to see your own child in pain. A little trip to the hospital gift shop to purchase a new little stuffed elephant really seemed to help! He has really been milking it though this evening...and I don't think he really even knows what "milking it" really means! He would hobble down the hall so that Matthew would help him and he wanted me to carry him to the van, and things like that. It is such a relief now that it is over. We won't have to worry about shots now for several years!

0 comments: