Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gas Craziness!

On the 5:00 news tonight, there had been rumors that gas prices were going to go up drastically overnight due to the hurricanes. I didn't think too much of it. I left to go work at Pizza Pro, then at 6:30 headed to a meeting at church. The gas stations were completely crowded. I thought...Hmmmmm...I'm NOT going to stop and get gas...I had a quarter of a tank. After my meeting it was around 8:15, I made a quick stop at Walmart, then headed home. One of the gas stations was at $4.09, one was $3.47, and the other $3.69. When I got home, I talked to Rob about it...wondering if I should go and at least fill up one of our tanks. I decided to go and fill up the van...amazingly at Kidds I only had one car in front of me...but, while I was sitting in line the price on the sign went from $3.47 to $3.69! I thought, man what a bummer. But, when I went to pump my gas, the pump still said $3.47! So...we have one tank FULL of gas...just pure craziness!

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

Isn't it crazy! Steve called me when I was on my way home from Jeff. city and said, "You need to get gas, prices are going up like crazy around here." Plum rediculous. On the way home, NO gas price was near the price Cape and Jackson were at. I think it was price gounging at its best and KFVS helped sponsor it! REDICULUOUS! The economy is hurting enough without their help in the matter! Sorry to vent! :)