Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Quote to Share

I just read an awesome post on www.lisabearnson.com/blog about a family sharing the household chores. If you get a chance it's a great one to read...the author is the founding editor of Creating Keepsakes magazine and a leader in the scrapbooking industry. I wanted to share a quote that a daughter of hers shared:

"Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know." Charles Kingsley

Many times I get so caught up in the things that need to be done each day that I don't ever really think about what life would be like if I had absolutely NOTHING that had to get done each day, no responsibilities, nothing. I know, I know...every once in a while it would be really nice (!!!)...but for all the time...life would probably get pretty boring. Just something to think about...

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

I love that quote! I agree whole heartedly! Have a relaxing week!