Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Recipe to Share...and a few photos






I made this on Saturday thanks to my sister, Elizabeth, giving me the recipe. She got it from the Pioneer Woman's website. It is, to say the least, FANTASTIC. My whole family loved it...I'm adding it to my monthly menu chart!!!! If you need more detailed instructions just check out the website.

Chicken Spaghetti

2 cups cooked chicken
2 cans Cream of Mushroom
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/2 cup finely diced onion

1-4 oz jar diced pimentos, drained
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 to 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1 additional cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

Cook 1 cut up fryer (I used 3 chicken breasts) and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover & refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (if the cheese on top starts to get to cooked, cover with foil)


Included are a few photos of of Matthew's last soccer game last Saturday, as well as my Mom's surprise 70th birthday party last Saturday. We pulled it off...she was so surprised! We had it at St. Andrew's Activity Center (my sister and her family attend there) and all of the boys (and adults!) had a great time playing kickball, basketball, soccer, etc. We had our meal catered from The Pilot House...that worked out great because we could spend more time visiting and less time working in the kitchen!!! We all had a great time...I think my Mom was most surprised when her little granddaughter, Maria, appeared! They are from Atlanta and made the trip!

Happy Monday tomorrow!

0 comments: