Monday, April 14, 2008

Is Teaching a Second Career for Me?????

Absolutely...NOT...although I DO really enjoy substituting! As I mentioned yesterday, I substitute taught today for one of our 4th grade teachers and it was an amazingly fun day. We started off the day with Bible Study where we talked about the story in Luke of the men with leprosy. We then proceeded to spelling, reading (the kids were reading one of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books...I may have to get them out again sometime!), language & finally, math. My favorite subject. We had an easy subject today...decimals to the hundreths. The kids had no problems with it at all. Next on the list was gym class...I finally got a break to eat my banana and look over the remainder of the schedule. I was really concerned when I got to the word "science"...science is not exactly "my thing". Luckily, all that they were doing today was reading over the subject...chemical reactions...thank goodness we weren't actually DOING anything. We read over it quickly, I asked a few questions, and then I let them use the remainder of the time to read! I got thru science as quickly as possible...like I said...it's not my thing!!!

Have a Fun Tuesday and Stay Warm!!

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

I think you would be a GREAT teacher!! Hope your having a great weekend!