Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I am NOT a carpenter!"

These are the words that I would normally hear from my husband at LEAST 20 times a day while doing a remodeling work in our home. And I just say, "But, honey...you work for Penzel CONSTRUCTION Co.!" (For those of you that don't know, Rob is a heavy equipment operator...he operates bulldozers, cranes, backhoes, etc. etc. etc...so he really doesn't do the typical construction work that people think he does when he tells them he works for a construction company.) I am happy to report, though, that laying this hardwood laminate that he's been doing here at the house has actually been something that he's enjoyed! When he got finished doing the hallway, he said..."I might as well just finish the bedroom"! We had intended on doing the bedroom at some point but I honestly felt that he would be tired of it by the time he got down the hallway! So, he's working on the bedroom and it should be finished by the weekend! We are, however, having a man come in tomorrow and paint the living room and hallway. Rob despises painting (he is actually painting the ceilings right now though to save a few bucks!) so he wanted to have someone come in and just finish it. So, by tomorrow evening, we will have a beautiful olive green color in the living room & hallway! I'm so excited, except for the fact that the painters will be here at 7:00 am!!!

I'll post final pictures this weekend!

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

Remodeling is a lot of work but the outcome is so GREAT!! I enjoy the pictures!!

Julie said...

Hi Becky-I'm anxious to see the final results!