Tuesday, October 02, 2007

SORRY!!

A BIG "sorry" goes out to my few but faithful blog readers! I vowed at the beginning of this journey of blogging that I would post every couple of days or so and now it has been almost an entire week...AGAIN. So sorry!

I feel like I'm slowly beginning to come up for air. I had a deadline this past Monday and I had lots to do to make it. Being the head room parent for Matthew's class (yes, when no one else signs up I guess I'm just a sucker!) I've also had to be the contact person for the 1st grade's auction stuff. St. Paul has a huge fundraiser auction each year and each class is asked to have an oral auction item, as well as several small "signed" items for the silent auction. My wonderful team of moms from our first grade class was just all gung-ho this year...which I LOVE...so we got together several things for our silent auction. One thing that I did was create an 8X8 album of the first grade class...it turned out really cute but has really consumed a lot of my time lately. It was really simple, actually, but time-consuming. Funny thing is...I made it and will probably bid and try to win it at the auction!

Also these past few weeks a friend of mine, not a close friend, but a friend that I've know thru MOPS and now thru St. Paul where her son and our Jacob are in pre-school together, had a sweet baby girl that has heart problems. Little Kate and her family need so many prayers right now and I've been trying to do my part. When someone goes thru something like this it really tends to put things in perspective. I've been doing so much thinking lately and just trying to be more grateful, more aware of the time I spend in prayer, and the time that I spend doing things for others...including my family. If you have a minute, please say a prayer for Baby Kate and her family...she is at Children's Hospital in St. Louis.

Rob's been busy putting hardwood down for our steps...it's coming along and looks really, really great.

Just realized I never did post pics of Jacob's birthday party...will try to do that.

Now, I'm headed to bed! Good night!

0 comments: