Monday, August 13, 2007

Matthew had his first soccer practice tonight and boy was it hot! About 100 degrees to be exact! We drank plenty of water and the team had a great practice. This is the first year that it is boys only...Matthew kind of liked that!

After that we came home to a supper of corn dogs! Not too healthy but really yummy! Rob had gone out to his brothers around 5:00 to help him lay some tile so it was just the boys and me. One of our cats, Calli, started to act really peculiar...she kept swatting at her mouth with both paws. I was really beginning to wonder and worry about what was wrong with her. I ended up calling the vet and when he eventually called me back the first thing he asked me was how old she was and I told him. Well, his first thoughts were that she was losing some of her baby teeth and that was bothering her. I felt pretty good with that answer so I left it at that and the vet told me to just watch her. As a matter of fact, when he called, Calli had for the most part quit acting so goofy. Well, Matthew was still up when Rob got home...I was downstairs on the computer. Before I even had a chance to tell Rob...(I had called Rob when this was all happening and he said he would come home as soon as he could...this is "His" baby girl kitty)...he looked inside her mouth and sure enough...there were, not one, but two, little empty spots where Calli had lost 2 teeth! Rob had remembered when Chipper & Oliver had lost their teeth (I didn't!) and he thought it might be the same thing. She's acting pretty normal now. I told the vet that I felt pretty funny about calling...he said not to worry...he get's even more goofier calls than mine! I'm just glad she's okay...she's such a sweetie!

0 comments: