Thursday, August 23, 2007

2nd day of Pre-School...Not Like the First!!!

Jacob had a few issues this morning going to pre-school! Everything was going great...he got up and he put a new t-shirt on that I had found at Kohls for $3 (plus another 15% off!!!) and he was excited...it had a huge dump truck on it. Once we hit the classroom, it went downhill from there. He clung to me like he did a year and a half ago where you just literally have to pry his fingers loose. Then he started to cry. A poor, pitiful cry and he just kept saying, "But I want you Mommy". Just breaks my heart but he is ready for 6 hours of pre-school a week! After I got him loose of me, his teacher came and took him...by this time 5 other children were having issues!! I just left then and prayed that he would be okay. I know the aide in the room very well...she informed me later that he was a bit pouty for about an hour and then he was fine. He's a very smart little guy!

1st grade for Matthew is going just great. He's had math homework every night (I really don't remember any homework in 1st grade!!!), writing most nights, and Bible memory work. He's used to the memory work from AWANA at our church so we had no problems this week with that at all. This week he had to recite John 3:16 and Genesis 1:31 - he did great! Have to share one little issue this week: They use the card system once again in first grade. He had gotten green every day except yesterday when it was blue. (Last year Matthew's card only got turned once...for talking in Art!). I asked him what happened and he said that it was for drawing his initials with a marker on his hand. Rob and I talked to him and said okay, Matthew, that's not so bad, just try and not do it again. Well, he proceeded to tell us that two other kids at his table got cards turned for the same thing but that the teacher didn't notice that he was doing it also. He went to his teacher and told her that he had done the same thing. (I was like, YES, we've taught him well! Rob was like...You told on yourself??? - he didn't say this to Matthew, of course!!) So, he did get a talking to about marking on his hands, but we praised him for being honest! I got a message from his teacher today and she told me the same thing...she said it just broke her heart to have to give Matthew a blue card, but that she had too! And, she thanked him for his honesty! We were so proud...maybe some of the things that we are trying to teach him are sinking in!!!

0 comments: