Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shooting the Cows....




at the farm this evening. Yes...you read right. I was at home trying to get my scrap area cleaned up when I got a phone call from Rob. He and the boys had left earlier to go move some haybales and "doctor" some of our cow's eyes. He needed me to come get the boys...they apparently weren't "getting along"! When I arrived, Matthew was riding his 4-wheeler and Jacob was in the tractor with Rob. They ate their sandwiches which I had brought them for supper. Rob's says..."I need your help". I say, "okay...doing what?". Well, I drove the truck thru the fields where the cows were...our cows are really quite "tame" so we drive right up close to them. Rob gets his "bow and arrow" out and "shoots" the medicine in the cow's behind! Evidently the arrow has a little tip on the end that has the medicine in it for pink eye....the medicine goes in and then the arrow falls to the ground. Pretty cool, actually, how it all worked! Matthew & Jacob thought it was so cool! That was my evening!




I've included a few photos of this past Sunday. Rob & the boys went with my brother, Markus, to Clearwater Lake with his new fishing boat. They had a great time...swimming

0 comments: