Monday, July 02, 2007

Lazy Days of Summer...{July 2, 2007}

As I was catching up on some blog reading this morning, I came across one that shared that today was the half-way point in the year. Wow...already? It got me to thinking about some of the goals/plans that Rob & I had talked about at the beginning of the year and where we were in accomplishing those goals. Some things we've been doing great at and other things, well...there's still half the year left! LOL!

Woke up this morning to another beautiful, sun-shiny day! I made French toast for breakfast and I always wonder why I don't make that more often...everyone in our family loves it! We spent the morning cleaning bedrooms...picking up, de-cluttering, dusting, cleaning windows. It always amazes me how many "special" things Matthew has that he just can't part with! He has like 4 or 5 different containers just filled with "stuff" that is meaningful to him...at least now, after cleaning, we have all of this "stuff" contained...and not just sitting around on dressers and bookshelves!!! Thank goodness Jacob hasn't gotten to that stage yet where he wants to keep everything! Well, not sure if it's a childhood "stage" or just a "Matthew" thing!!!

After a few episodes of Scooby Doo, we headed to our backyard pool and spent the afternoon there. This evening was spent playing t-ball in the front yard.

Love these lazy days of summer!

0 comments: