Sunday, July 29, 2007

{July 29, 2007}

Hope all of you had a great weekend! Wanted to give a recap of what we've been doing lately! As I wrote in my last post, we celebrated Matthew's 7th birthday beginning on Tuesday, which was his actual birthday. He wanted a party at the Discovery Playhouse in the mall with his classmates from school so that's what we did! The kids all had a great morning...especially Matthew!

On Wednesday my friend, Shelly, and I took her 2 boys and mine to the Bootheel Youth Museum in Malden. It was such a neat place for the kids. We spent about 2 hours there and then we ate and started to head back home. We stopped at 2 scrapbook stores...the boys actual did great in the play areas!...one in Dexter & one at the Sikeston Outlet Mall. It was a fun day!

Thursday we spent picking up the house because we had family over that evening for Matthew's birthday. We did just kind of an open house from 6-8 where people could come and visit and help celebrate his birthday. It was fun!

On Friday I took my Dad to the oral surgeon to have 4 teeth pulled...my Mom doesn't drive so she stayed home with the boys. We sat in the doctor's office from 10:00 - 12:00...my Dad was finally called back at 12:00 and was done by 1:00. I got a LOT of Harry Potter read! The boys' and I then headed to Jayne's pool...it ended up raining and we only got to stay about an hour. Since we weren't doing anything Friday evening I invited a couple friends over to scrapbook...we got our kits out from Rona's and got 2 done! I was so glad...thanks Julie & Shelly!

Saturday Rob & the boys spent most of the day out at the farm. I went out around 4:00 and we rode 4-wheelers for about an hour. It was so much fun. Rob's Dad has trails all thru their woods for us to ride in. Jacob & I rode with Rob and Matthew took his own. We had a blast!

Today we went to Sunday School & church and then Rob suggested we go to Lamberts! So, we headed that way...Home of the Famous Throwed Rolls! The wait was about an hour & 15 minutes so we got our name on the wait list and then headed to the outlet mall. The time goes by really fast when you not just sitting there! We came home then and just chilled and watched a couple of movies with the boys...ahhhhhh...gotta love these lazy, family days!

It's only 8:30...Rob's watching a little t.v., the boys are in bed, I'm gonna try and finish our Disney album from 2006! Only 1 page left since I did one layout yesterday!!!!! WaHoo!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Becky--I had a really good time Friday evening! Some of those kits have been here for months and I finally got something accomplished!! Julie