Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm so aggravated! 1-18-09

I've been trying to put a cute little Valentine background on my blog from www.thecutestblogontheblock.com and it just isn't working! Hopefully soon I'll figure it out!

This past week has just flown by. Jacob & I went to the Mudpuppies program at the Conservation Department on Tuesday...the topic was turtles. Jacob loved it...they had a regular box turtle there that had been mistreated and mis-fed as a "pet" and so the conservation departement has just become it's home. Then they got out a huge snapping turtle...the entire time that the gal held him to show the kids his mouth was wide open...ready to take a bite!

On Wednesday evening we went to a basketball game at St. Paul. Our nephew's Zachary & Joshua, who play for Trinity, were there playing with their team. Joshua's team beat St. Paul but it wasn't so good for Zach's team. It was fun.

Friday I had signed up to go read to Jacob's class for 15 minutes...I just loved that. His class is learning all about nocturnal animals so we read a couple of books about owls...one where an owl took up residence with some roosters on a farm...the kids seemed to love it!

Friday was Crazy Croppers and I didn't feel the greatest so I stayed home and hung out on the couch...ended up getting up around 9:30 and worked on a couple of layouts...it drives me nuts to not be able to go and scrapbook with my friends...knowing that they're getting a bunch of stuff done! And, well...I really enjoy their company too. :)

Saturday morning we headed over to Cape for Matthew's basketball game. They played St. Vincent's, I think, and it was one exciting game. The game ended in a 10-10 tie. They then gave them 2 additional minutes to play. We scored, then they scored, then they scored again. Matthew's team lost 14-12. It sure was exciting for it being second graders. Both sets of grandparents were able to make it so Matthew was really happy about that. Matthew made his first foul while blocking a player about 2 times his size...we were proud of him! After the game we headed over to our niece, Cameron's basketball game. She is such a sweet girl. They got blown out of the water...but it was great none-the-less!

We then went and got Matthew a pair of basketball shoes...he has told us repeatedly that it will really help him play better. Well, we broke down and bought him a pair...Jacob got a Star Wars shirt that I found on clearance so he was really content with that.

That's been our week in a nutshell...hope yours was great as well.

0 comments: