Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sneezy and Sleepy

Last night Julie and I headed up to St. Louis to go to the Cardinal game. She had gotten some free tickets and invited me to go! We were in section 163 which were simply awesome seats! Pujols hit another smashing home run in the bottom of the 1st and the Cardinals won 5-4. It was a fun night...thanks, Julie, for inviting me to go! Now, on to the title of my post...there was a guy sitting next to me at the ballpark that would go in to a sneezing fit approximately every 10 minutes or so. It's like right when he found his seats...allergy problems started. Julie & I got tickled every time because it just wasn't one sneeze...it was a series of 4-5 sneezes at a time! He probably didn't think it was too funny! Then, to the right of Julie sat a man, a few seats down, that actually nodded off during the game! Can you believe it??? That was pretty funny too!

Last night Matthew also had an amazing game at the ballpark. He went 2 for 2 in hitting, he got to play catcher...and, he made a double play ALL BY HIMSELF! He caught a fly ball at first, and since the runner at first took off to second, Matthew ran and touched 1st base...DOUBLE PLAY! He was really excited!

Okay, my memory is fading here. I was going to say that we met the Jones' on Friday at the park...but maybe it was Thursday! Anyway, Matthew was so excited to finally get to see Jed since he had been so sick. You couldn't even tell John Henry had been sick...he was everywhere! They all had so much fun riding their bikes and playing...and just being together. Jed just looked great...he's still in the healing process so we all need to continue to pray for his healing.

Need to go...getting ready soon to put the boys to bed. Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

Great post sounds like a great time!! I'm glad Matthew had a great time with Jed, that must have been confusing for him. I will keep those prayers going!