Monday, May 05, 2008

Montauk Trout Fishing & Cropical Paradise!






The two destinations above are an unlikely pair, but this weekend they worked out GREAT together! I left on Friday morning for a 3 day scrapbook retreat at Cropical Paradise in Paducah, KY with some of my bestest friends. There were 8 of us altogether and we all had arrived I believe around 3 or 4. It's basically just a house that the owners have turned in to a bed & breakfast. We each had plenty of space to work at, snacks & meals were provided. Believe me, it was so nice for me to have someone come and say, "supper is ready"...all we had to do was go sit down at the table! I got so much done...almost all of my 2008 album is complete. Thanks, girls, for a super fun weekend!

While I was cropping away into the wee hours of the morning, Rob left with the boys on Friday after school to go to Montauk for trout fishing. Rob's parents had left earlier with their camper, along with some other family members, and so by the time Rob got there camp was all set up! It was kid's weekend so Saturday morning Rob was up early with the boys...they had a BLAST to say the least! They are already talking about going back...and taking me along with them! They came back late, late Saturday night and slept in Sunday. Check out the pictures in this post!

Then, when I got home Sunday afternoon, we headed straight over to church for the AWANA closing ceremony. Matthew earned his second book award in Sparks, while Jacob earned his first year award for Cubbies. We were very proud of them...they have memorized so many Bible verses this year...it is just amazing how their minds can do it!

0 comments: