Saturday, December 01, 2007

This is the BESTEST day EVER!


That's what Jacob said today when I picked him up from a birthday party! A little boy from church was turning four and they were having a CARS-themed party...that is right up Jacob's alley! They went tractor-tipping in the little boy's backyard and his Daddy was Frank the combine...Jacob just thought that was awesome. Jacob's been sleeping for an hour now-the party must have wore him out!

This past Wednesday I went to Matthew's class to help make Advent wreaths. I've got a photo posted. The kids had so much fun and it was such a mess! Each child got
1 and a 1/2 of the big shredded wheat biscuits and they mashed them up in a ziplock bag. Then they dumped it in a plate, we poured glue on it, and green food coloring. We then shaped the "mess" into a circle, just like a wreath. The kids put four birthday candles on it, and then another mom and I hot-glued red berries and red bows on it. They turned out so cute. We light the first one tomorrow!

Last night my friend, Carinsa, and I had a night out together. We ate at the Olive Garden first and then we headed to my church where our ladies' ministry had a program about being "Intentional" with our kids at Christmas and making baby Jesus the focus of all that we do in celebrating. It was a fun night. There were booths set up with all kinds of ideas, books & fun things to do to help accomplish the main focus of Christmas. Lots of ideas...one that I'm going to do with our boys is have a small package wrapped up for each of them (and one for Rob & I too) that says, for example, To: Jacob, From: God. Inside I'm going to put a picture of Jesus in it and tell the boys that Jesus is the best gift of all. I also found these neat little coins today at Gospeland bookstore that has the nativity on it and on the other side it says, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season". I'm going to put them in the little packages as well.

Happy 1st of December to you!
Becky

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

Hi Becky!

Thanks for sharing the information about the gifts for the boys from God. That is a great idea. I'm stealing that one. If you have any other ideas, I'd loev to hear them!

Heather