Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Matthew's Christmas Program, a "DUH" Moment, Etc.

Tonight was Matthew's Christmas program at school. He was a shephard and looked so proud to be wearing his "shephard's" costume. The kids did a great job singing...this year the verses & the chorus's were all part of their memory work for the last 4 weeks (instead of Bible verses) so they really knew all the words to the songs. It was awesome and Matthew actually sang!!!

After the program we decided take the boys to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. We went thru the drive-thru because we were headed to the Jackson park to look at the lights. Me and the boys ordered...and Rob decided he didn't want anything. Well, when we got up to the window to pay, Rob had changed his mind. He asked the cashier if he could "have" a chocolate cone, in addition to what we had already ordered. The gal said, "well, you're gonna have to pay for it". Duh...Rob just looked at me and I was like "what??", and Rob just turned to her and said, "I was planning on it". If you didn't get a little chuckle out of that, I guess you just had to be there!

Last night I went with my scrappin' girlfriends to Bella Italia to eat (our group of 6 (sometimes more, sometimes less!) have been rotating crop nights now at each other's homes for probably 4-5 years now, maybe longer) and exchange Christmas gifts. It was a fun night...even though I had to cut it short because Rob also had his Union Christmas party last night.

Tomorrow is Jacob's "Happy Birthday, Jesus" party at pre-school...and then Matthew's is on Friday. Friday is the last day of school until January 3rd...yippee!!

Need to get teacher's gifts ready...have a great night!

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

I love it! The last time I went to that Dairy Queen I ordered $16 worth of cream got to the window and realized Iforgot my purse. Blonde Moment!! The bad thing was, I had called Syd to see if she wanted anything!! I had to call her back and tell her I wasn't bringing her the large HEATH blizzard she had ordered!! :) Hey! I have you rCD done!! I'll bring it by tomorrow!

Heather