Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ten Random Thoughts/Things That Happened Today

1. Rob left for work at 6:50 am. I fell right back to sleep and woke at 7:40. Got Matthew to school (with his shower taken, by the way) at 7:54. We live 1 1/2 miles from school. This happened only one other time and Matthew was to school on time at that time as well!

2. I absolutely love a rainy, fall day.

3. Jacob & I played 3 games of CandyLand today and 2 games of Diego.

4. Our school, St. Paul, collected over 500 boxes for Operation Christmas Child!!!!

5. Had the boys circle some things in the Lego catalog to put on their Christmas wish lists...needless to say, I have LOTS of choices!

6. I fixed spaghetti w/garlic bread for supper. Always a hit.

7. Will be doing most of our Christmas shopping on-line this year...so much easier and lots more choices.

8. For those of you with kids, I got a neat little idea from my sister, Elizabeth, today, on doing a "moving" nativity with your children. Basically, at home, you set up your nativity like you always do, leaving Mary & Joseph and Baby Jesus, out of the nativity. Each day then, you put Mary & Joseph in a different spot and let the kids find them...basically to symbolize their travels. Then on Christmas Eve, they arrive at the nativity. Baby Jesus appears in the morning. I thought that was so cute and such a fun way to relay the message of what happened on that first Christmas.

9. Looking forward to substituting for Matthew's teacher on Friday & Monday!

10. GREAT mail day!

0 comments: