Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Update and This Week!

It just seems like the time just flies by...last time I posted was, I think, last Wednesday, and I had intended on posting more often!

Last Thursday evening the boys had their VBS family night uptown at 1st Baptist Church. Unfortunately, Rob was working so I went with the boys by myself. We had fun anyway...hotdogs & root beer floats for supper...(RIGHT up Jacob's alley!!) then a time of singing and sharing in church. Friday was the last day...Matthew & Jacob really enjoyed themselves this year.

Both Thursday & Friday afternoons we went over to the McCoy's to swim. It's nice because all the boys will swim for a while...then they'll just play outside...Shelly & I (and whoever else shows up!!) can then just enjoy the peace and relax!

Saturday we went over to our nephew, Aaron's, 14th birthday party. We had some yummy bass that my brother, Mark, had caught...and LOTs of other yummy food.

Sunday we headed to church and then after that Rob & the boys headed home while I did some last minute shopping for our trip...mainly food. I also bought some kites for the boys to use on the beach...thought that might be fun.

This week Matthew started Boy Scout camp...it's from 9-3 each day. Today I was fortunate enough to be able to help so Jacob was able to go as well to Pee Wee camp. Matthew had a GREAT time...they made these cool water bottle holders, shot BB guns (Matthew didn't get to today but he will tomorrow), bows & arrows, did some Tae Kwon Do (sp???), played Tug of War, had a talk on nutrition, and stopped at the Nature booth for some worm and roly poly education! Matthew wasn't in Boy Scouts last year but really wanted to go to camp. So, we signed him up for that and then went ahead and signed him up for next year. We were really unsure as to whether to let him join or not...a lot of the outdoor activities Rob has already, and is doing, with Matthew & Jacob both...especially the bb guns & bows and arrows...they each already own their own bb guns (that's what it's like when you have a husband that grew up with hunting, fishing, outdoor stuff, etc.!!!). Matthew got pretty hot this afternoon and at one point he said he really didn't feel too well. So, we'll see how tomorrow goes. Jacob had a GREAT time at Pee Wee camp...they played in water, sand, had tug of war, played on the slides/swings at the park, etc. Jacob was so cute today...I had bought them each a new water bottle at Dents Make Sense (if you've never been to this store here in Jackson you should definitely go!) for $1.50 (the same water bottle at Target was $4.50)...it had a strap on it...Jacob would NOT take the water bottle off his shoulder...he kept it on ALL day...he was so proud of it!

Thanks for checking in! We're headed to bed!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I CANNOT believe that Aaron is 14 years old!!! How did that happen so quickly???

The Fishers said...

Sounds like they had a great time!! Who's den is he in? Maybe Parkers??

Becky said...

I KNOW...doesn't seem possible that Aaron is already 14!

I BELIEVE that Matthew is in 212...the Boy Scout lingo is all new to me...I think it's Pack 212.