Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A FUN night and a SAD night...

at the baseball park tonight. I'll start with the sad news and a prayer request. There are 13 boys on Matthew's all-star team. One of the boys, Brody, is at St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis with inoperable brain cancer. They found out only a few short days ago. At the last practice that he was at, he was having great difficulty seeing so his parents took him to an eye doctor. This is how they found out. Please pray for him and his family. He is actually going to be at the all-star game on Saturday watching from the bench...these are his wishes. The boys are having his initials monogrammed on the back of their hats to show their support. It is just so sad. Regular eye exams are a must...I've heard that lots of medical conditions/problems can be seen thru the eyes. Just made the boys their appointments a week ago. Please pray.

The coach told all the boys the news about Brody...then he gave them the option of having practice or not, or just having a fun game of baseball. The boys wanted to play against the Dads...so that's what they did and they all had a great time. Jacob even got to play on the team with the Dads and had several good hits!

Give your kids an extra hug tonight (or today)...you never know what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

Elizabeth in MO said...

Oh my goodness - my heart breaks for Brody and his family - I can't even possibly begin to imagine. I will keep him in my prayers - I will pray for peace and comfort for his family and wisdom for his doctors.

Hope the All-Star game went well today - I hope Brody was there to watch. What courage he must have!

Brandi said...

My heart and prayers goes out with this family. Thank you for sharing this post. It really gave me perspective for today and I pray it will for many days to come.
((hugs!))
In His love,
Brandi Lanier