Thursday, October 09, 2008

Bible Study, Barnes & Noble & Soccer

This gorgeous day today started off by taking Matthew to school and then heading to Bible study. It took me the longest time to decide if I wanted to spend one of my mornings off at church participating in a Bible study. After all of the excuses that I had made about not wanting to go...I still felt God leading me there. This has been the third week there and I am so glad I decided to go. I am not a big "sharer", but I am so thankful that some women are. Without going in to detail, I have just been so greatly encouraged by what other moms/women have had to say about what God has done in their lives, whether it be big or small.

After Bible study, Jacob and I headed to get lunch for Rob. He was so completely busy that he had to eat "on the run" so we didn't get to stay and eat with him. (P.S. His boss called him today and told him what an incredible job he had been doing lately...working so much and not complaining...having lots of responsibility and just getting the job done...it's nice for him to hear that every once in a while...his boss is not one to say that too often!) We headed to Barnes & Noble. Jacob had gotten a gift card from his Aunt Magdalene & Uncle Mark & cousins Zachary & Joshua. It was finally time for him to get to spend it! He chose a book about how a seed grows in to a pumpkin for himself, a book about the 1st Thanksgiving for Matthew (I didn't even have to encourage that...he just said that he wanted to buy Matthew a book...Yeah, Jacob!!!), and then a stuffed Donald Duck! He thought that his Mickey Mouse needed a friend!

We got a call this evening from the Soccer All-Star coach. Matthew made it to the All-Star Team!!! I can't tell you how big the smile was on Matthew's face when we told him. He has just really improved this year and has really liked the game. We are so proud of him...looks like we'll be at the soccer fields for three more weekends starting at the end of October. He'll have tournaments in Cape, Sikeston & Perryville. Congrats, Matthew!

Please remember my friend, Linda, and her family, as they have the funeral for her brother-in-law tomorrow who died recently of cancer.

~Becky

1 comments:

The Fishers said...

Yay Matthew!! That is great news!! Great post too, funny how god works isn't it! I'm glad you were listening to him today!